The H2O Xtream TeenBoard is a proactive and involved group of young people aged 11-16 years old. There are 13 members of the board at any one time and membership is an exclusive privilege.
The board meets regularly with H2O Xtream staff, and the aim of the board is to provide advice and assistance in the running of H2O Xtream, to come up with new ideas and to actively promote the facility, its activities and events to the Upper Hutt community, plus help out at the facility and at community events.
Duties and expectations
- To be an active TeenBoard member for a period of 1 year (30 October 2016 – 30 October 2017)
- To attend TeenBoard meetings – Held once a term for approximately 1 hour at H2O Xtream
- To become an H²0 Xtream brand ambassador and promote the facility to friends, family and at school
- To contribute ideas for events, activities, new pool toys etc. for the H²0 Xtream facility
- To be actively involved in the event process: designing and creating events, pre-event preparation e.g. decorating the centre, assistance during the events and also helping to create and run competitions at the events
- To help wherever possible in advertising and promoting events and activities at H²0 Xtream
- To be part of the H²0 Xtream Santa Parade float and help to build and design our entry as well as participating in the parade itself
- To make H²0 Xtream ‘Your Place’, a place for you and the young people of Upper Hutt to hang out at
- To undertake voluntary work at H²0 Xtream doing things such as helping on reception and out on poolside, constructing displays, taking photographs etc.
- Any other duties deemed suitable for TeenBoard members as and when required by either the supervisor, or the Manager.
- Be part of the H2O Xtream crew and receive benefits such as – free swimming, uniform, invitations to functions, testing of new toys
- A H2O Xtream TeenBoard T-Shirt & Lanyard
- Free entry and slides into H²0 Xtream whenever you wish for the duration of your time on the TeenBoard
- 12x Child Swim & Slides passes to give to your friends and family
- Free Hell’s pizza at meetings
- Great experience, learn new skills and team building
- Reference for future employment
- We’re happy to sign off volunteer log books for schemes such as Duke of Edinburgh etc.
- Lots of fun and meet new people.